Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Help! Trying to burn Blu Ray Disk

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Help! Trying to burn Blu Ray Disk

6 posts
  1. Really need someone to tell me what my Presets, Format and Template should be when I go to “Make Movie”. Using Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8. 0: Buffalo Tech Blue Ray 6x burner: Sony 25 gig Blu Ray disks. Playing on PS3..

     

    Problems to date:

    1. MPEG 2 + HDV 1080-60i. When saving to drive it converts 21.50minutes of a 50 minute video then stops and gives an Unexplained Error message. This happens regardless of what video I try to download.

    2. Video for Windows + 1080-60i. Saves, burns to SONY Blu Ray disk, but PS3 player says “unsupported data”.

    3. Windows Media Video V9. Converts no problem, burns to disk but when playing on the PS3 all photos and video are narrow like for a non-wide screen TV. (I have looked for a “ratio” button in the Make Movie section but cannot find one.

     

    Format

    MPEG 2

    Template: HDV 1080-60i or HDV 1080-50i

     

    Quick Time 7

    Real Media 9

     

    Video For Windows (avi)

    Template: HDV 1080-60i or HDV 1080-50i (intermediate)

     

    Windows Media Video V9 (wmv)

    Template: 6.4 Mbps HD 1080-24p, 6.7 Mbps HD 1080-25p, 8.0 Mbps HD 1080-30p

     

    Preset

    1080-60i (1440x1080, 29.970 fps)

  2. Really need someone to tell me what my Presets, Format and Template should be when I go to "Make Movie". Using Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8. 0: Buffalo Tech Blue Ray 6x burner: Sony 25 gig Blu Ray disks. Playing on PS3..

     

    Problems to date:

    1. MPEG 2 + HDV 1080-60i. When saving to drive it converts 21.50minutes of a 50 minute video then stops and gives an Unexplained Error message. This happens regardless of what video I try to download.

    2. Video for Windows + 1080-60i. Saves, burns to SONY Blu Ray disk, but PS3 player says "unsupported data".

    3. Windows Media Video V9. Converts no problem, burns to disk but when playing on the PS3 all photos and video are narrow like for a non-wide screen TV. (I have looked for a "ratio" button in the Make Movie section but cannot find one.

     

    Format

    MPEG 2

    Template: HDV 1080-60i or HDV 1080-50i

     

    Quick Time 7

    Real Media 9

     

    Video For Windows (avi)

    Template: HDV 1080-60i or HDV 1080-50i (intermediate)

     

    Windows Media Video V9 (wmv)

    Template: 6.4 Mbps HD 1080-24p, 6.7 Mbps HD 1080-25p, 8.0 Mbps HD 1080-30p

     

    Preset

    1080-60i (1440x1080, 29.970 fps)

     

    You should ask this over at the SONY Vegas Forums - you will get a better response to your inquiry

  3. So after 3 days the Sony Tech people responded that "When it comes to Blu-ray burning, Vegas Movie studio Platinum 8.0 does not have the ability to burn a Blu-ray disc. However, Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 does."

     

    A FYI for Sony Vegas folk.

  4. So after 3 days the Sony Tech people responded that "When it comes to Blu-ray burning, Vegas Movie studio Platinum 8.0 does not have the ability to burn a Blu-ray disc. However, Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 does."

     

    A FYI for Sony Vegas folk.

     

    Go figure...

     

    I use Vegas Pro 8 and Vegas Pro 8.1 64bit.

  5. I thought I read somewhere that a Playstation 3 will play raw m2t files burned onto a standard dvd. Is something you have tried or considered ? Obviously no menus and maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but still cool if it does work.

  6. With Vegas I first "save to hard drive" then burn to disk. I did try saving a MPEG 2 file at 1080-50i, but it would only save 21minutes and 50 seconds then give me a "undiagnosed error" message. I could burn this partial file to the Blu-Ray disk and it looked great. But regardless of what video file (+40minutes) I tried Saving to my hard drive it always shut down at the 21.50 mark. Could be a computer issue but I can't figure out what.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.