Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

More Red Sea video

Started by matdiver1234 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

More Red Sea video

5 posts
  1. Hi,

    well it seems that there are plenty of sharks around in the Red Sea at the moment judging by other posts here.

    I've uploaded a 15 minute clip to vimeo, entitled "Red Sea diving" (there's an original title...)

     

    http://www.vimeo.com/2317886

     

     

    The trip was during the 1st week of November. The sharks were all at 2 sites - the Brothers and Daedalus reef. We didn't see any at Elphinstone, but there were a lot of boats there that day and that might have had something to do with it.

     

     

    This is actually the first time I've posted a video, so any comments would be welcome.

     

    Hope you like it.

     

    Mat

  2. Great stuff, Mat. All nicely whitebalanced. You had great luck with sharks, manta etc. I was out at Elphinstone the following week and we had oceanics, but it would have been great to get the hammerheads and threshers at Brothers.

  3. Thanks Ferg42 - I really enjoyed your video too, and your website.

    Funny how we stay calm enough with oceanics so that we can hold a camera still, but when there's a trigger fish less than a couple of feet long we're so much more nervous. I suppose the chances of actually being bitten by a trigger fish are so much higher!

     

    Cheers,

    Mat

  4. Stewsmith - ouch that triggerfish was close! seriously scary teeth.

     

    Great shot, but I'm not sure I'd dare get that close!

     

    Cheers,

    Mat

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    good stuff. love the shark action.

     

    as for triggerfish action, have a look here.

     

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=84...amp;q=scubastew

     

    my port was just a few inches at times....probably a bit silly really, but good to watch.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.