Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

HVDVD_TS

Started by delphinus ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

HVDVD_TS

4 posts
  1. New user, great site, hope I can help someone one day, meanwhile let me share with you my question and most likely my ignorance....

     

    I use a Sony HD camera (FX1) and Final Cut Pro suite to edit and author DVD's. For the short films under 30 minutes I am trying to increase the MB/sec output using HD output from compressor, which ultimately after DVD Studio Pro produces a folder on the DVD of HVDVD_TS. This only seems to play on the MAC. The image quality is fantastic but I cannot deliver a computer with every disk.

     

    What plays this format? How can I take advantage of HD content that I have filmed but cannot seem to get to a disk format that will play? I do not want to create SD project output (6.2MB/sec - VIDEO_TS) when the raw footage is capable of creating output closer to 30MB/sec from standard settings in compressor.

     

    Thanks

  2. New user, great site, hope I can help someone one day, meanwhile let me share with you my question and most likely my ignorance....

     

    I use a Sony HD camera (FX1) and Final Cut Pro suite to edit and author DVD's. For the short films under 30 minutes I am trying to increase the MB/sec output using HD output from compressor, which ultimately after DVD Studio Pro produces a folder on the DVD of HVDVD_TS. This only seems to play on the MAC. The image quality is fantastic but I cannot deliver a computer with every disk.

     

    What plays this format? How can I take advantage of HD content that I have filmed but cannot seem to get to a disk format that will play? I do not want to create SD project output (6.2MB/sec - VIDEO_TS) when the raw footage is capable of creating output closer to 30MB/sec from standard settings in compressor.

     

    Thanks

     

     

    You will need an HD DVD Player (if you can find one) or computers which can play HD DVD. Due to the war between formats being decided blu-ray, these things will be hard to come by. The X-Box is another that plays HD DVD, though it had some issues with DVD SP DVDs periodically. Also, FWIW, with a good upscaling DVD Player and a good SD encode, things can look pretty darn good. Not saying that SD with its upper end rates will look as good, but you would be surprised. Also another FWIW, Apple TV with an HDMI out, even with lower rates, looks real good also.

  3. You will need an HD DVD Player (if you can find one) or computers which can play HD DVD. Due to the war between formats being decided blu-ray, these things will be hard to come by. The X-Box is another that plays HD DVD, though it had some issues with DVD SP DVDs periodically. Also, FWIW, with a good upscaling DVD Player and a good SD encode, things can look pretty darn good. Not saying that SD with its upper end rates will look as good, but you would be surprised. Also another FWIW, Apple TV with an HDMI out, even with lower rates, looks real good also.

     

    Thanks. That is pretty much the same dead end I have come to. My Blu-Ray player will handle a format called AVCHD, however forums look like a long convoluted journey there. Looking now at the new Final Cut release with the additional codecs in compressor 3. I have to believe that Apple and her Final Cut are not missing the "boat" on HD authoring. Another thought under consideration is leaving the world of interlaced video all together.

    Progressive architecture seems to make more sense.

  4. Thanks. That is pretty much the same dead end I have come to. My Blu-Ray player will handle a format called AVCHD, however forums look like a long convoluted journey there. Looking now at the new Final Cut release with the additional codecs in compressor 3. I have to believe that Apple and her Final Cut are not missing the "boat" on HD authoring. Another thought under consideration is leaving the world of interlaced video all together.

    Progressive architecture seems to make more sense.

     

    Toast gives some blu-ray capability on the Mac and so does Adobe Encore (neither do full blown blu-ray bells & whisltes though.) Steve Jobs hmentioned that they were holding off on adding blu-ray support dues to licensing concerns/costs, but I am not sure how much I believe that as much as perhaps blu-ray may not be here that long. Perhaps if the format war shook out earlier, but players and titles are still a bit costly, more so in the current economic enviroment.

     

    Will be interesting to see if there is any headway this shopping season. As an aside, keep a look out for when Apple has refreshed Apple TVs, it really is alot of fun and does a nice job with video - I edit and export to Apple TV codecs and bring it into iTunes so it is on my LCD TV via the HDMI connection, looks pretty good.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.