Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Cocos Islands Film

Started by Steve Douglas ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Cocos Islands Film

4 posts
  1. I always hated the quality of You tube but this site seems pretty good. Would love some feedback from this first draft of a film I did based on my 11th trip to the Cocos. It's one I really struggled with in terms of the film's direction and should be looked at as a first draft. I really need to redo the final credit at the end, I know, but would appreciate your views. http://vimeo.com/2387560

    Thanks,

    Steve

  2. Serious Wow Steve, Some wonderful images. Tigers at Cocos. Thanks for putting it up. I agree with you on the credits. The blue text fade in doesn't really fit the mood of the piece for me. The simpler rolling credit at the very end might work well.

     

    Who do you think you can show this to that might effect the protection of the area? I'm getting very tired of loosing. If we can't protect World Heritage sites there is very little hope.

     

    Steve

  3. Really liked it Steve, yep end credits need changed. I liked that fact that it was something on Cocos that actually had a story and wasn't 'just' the wildlife. Tigers were awesome too, there is a great variety which really shows off the diversity of big wildlife at Cocos... Loved the whale shark from below shot too.

    If I was to be critical I would change the opening shot as it's a little wobbly, I actually really like the water fall ones a little later, also looks like some of the shots need colour matching / correcting a little more.

    I reckon your voice over sounds really good, it has a very calming effect, would be great to see the full HD version

     

    Great work, I so want to go back there!

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.