Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lightroom 2.1 and DNG profile issues

Started by scubamarli ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Lightroom 2.1 and DNG profile issues

2 posts
  1. Hi,

    This probably won't affect too many people, but if you're into testing the camera profiles and DNG profile editor from Adobe, as I have been, the latest release did in my Lightroom licence...totally legal upgrade. Three hours later of uninstall and reinstall of 2.0 then 2.1 fixed it. Yikes, what a PITA. So then, stupid moi, I tried it on my laptop. Same $#%@ thing. I am so choked that I deleted the original profiles as they gave me much better rendition from my camera, and lessened my workflow. Adobe doesn't support the experimental kitchen, except they employ people to dupe us into being testers with our own software and hardware which can screw up things which they ignore as they don't support the Beta testing. (I did send a message and was told that I would receive an answer in 1 day..... still waiting... I am, as Liz would say (for you in the colonies)

    I am not amused!

     

    Beware, and follow the above uninstall and reinstall if you have issues. I guess this is a tactic to convince you to upgrade to CS4. PM me if you need help. I'll try my best.

     

    I am sooo unimpressed with this situation.

    Cheers,

    Marli

  2. Here is what I finally heard back from Adobe. You will notice there is no mention of said beta programs that caused the situation in the first place.

    - Open the Programs and Features Control Panel and uninstall all

    versions of Lightroom 2 that are listed.

    - Browse to C:\Program Files\Adobe and delete the Adobe Photoshop

    Lightroom 2 folder.

    - Click the Start button and choose All Programs > Accessories > Run.

    - Type #msconfig# (without the quotes) into the Open field and click OK.

    - Write down all unselected items under the Startup and Services tabs.

    - Click the Startup tab and click Disable All.

    - Click the Services tab, check Hide All Microsoft Services, click

    Disable All, and then reselect the FLEXnet Licensing Service.

    - Click Apply, and restart Windows for the changes to take effect.

    - Install Lightroom 2.1 using the file downloaded earlier. You do not

    have to install Lightroom 2.0 before installing Lightroom 2.1.

    - When Lightroom 2.1 is installed, click the Start button and choose All

    Programs > Accessories > Run.

    - Type #msconfig# (without the quotes) into the Open field and click OK.

    - Click the General tab, and choose Normal Startup.

    - Deselect any items that you wrote down earlier.

    - Click Apply, and restart Windows for the changes to take effect.

     

    Sounds a darn sight more complicated than what I did on my own to fix it.

     

    Simply reinstalling LR2.1 after clearing the registry did not work for me. There is no mention of why this happened. Very strange. Too bad I have lost the ability to use the DNG profile editor in its initial release. If anyone has it, I'd love a copy, so PM me if you do.

     

    Thanks!

     

    Marli

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.