Hi Phil,
The key to a lot of this is assembling the rig (sealing the housing) in an environment that is dry. Cold air has a lower saturation vapor pressure and will therefore generally be drier than warm air. If you seal cool dry air in the housing, then warm it up, you will have no problems with fogging as the air will will be absorbing all the humidity it can (as a matter of fact, as the temperature increases, the relative humidity will drop if no additional water vapor is added). If you seal the housing in a warmer environment with slightly higher humidity, then as you cool it (without adding water vapor) the relative humidity inside begins to increase and as you approach the saturation pressure, the water vapor will begin to condense on the inside of the housing.
I only have a lil compact digicam setup, but did have some problems with fogging. Until recently I had managed to control fogging in it pretty well (recently I've been having problems with my WA conversion lens fogging up) through just silica gel packs and keeping the rig away from direct sunlight.
My current setup routine consists in sealing the housing in a the dryest environment I can find. Usually at home or in my office, the night before when it's cooler and as far away from the humidity as I can get. I've seen recomendations for asembling in an air conditioned house or car (so that the camera and all the air in the housing is cool and dry), but neither one is really an option for me. When I put the housing together, I also fill the empty space within the housing with as many silica gel packs as I can fit without stuffing them in. Up until the dive, I keep the rig in the coolest place I can find and out of direct sunlight.
As for my latest problem, with the WA lens foging up, it has only been occurring recently. I'm guessing because it's almost summer here and getting rather warm topside and the water in central Chile is still pretty cool (about 15 deg C). So I figure that the rig is warming up while on the boat and then when I get in the cool water, and the lens cools, the moisture condenses and fogs up the lens (usually after about 10 minutes or so - similar to what's happening to you taking into account the smaller volume of my setup). It was suggested to me (by another Wetpixel member) that I fill a small cooler with seawater from the dive site and leave my assembled rig in that for as long as I can before the dive in order for all the innerds of the rig to equalize to the temperature to the water. I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds reasonable. I even have a cooler with a small refrigeration unit that plugs into the 12V current provided by a cigarrete lighter on my boat. Next time out, I'm going to fill that with seawater, drop my rig in and plug it in during the ride out to the site.
I've even thought about leaving all the pieces (camera without battery & battery door open, WA lens, and open housing) in a ziploc bag or large tupperware with some large silica gel packs in my fridge overnight in order to purge all the water vapor from it before putting it all together.
Hope some of this helps at least give you some ideas to finding a solution that works for you. Good luck.