I've seen a couple of posts complaining about Ikelite service so felt I had to post about my experience.
I recently flooded a 2 year old DS51 strobe. Unfortunately I didn't realise it was flooded until I was preparing my kit for a weeks trip. When I opened the battery compartment one of the springs used as battery contacts fell out. My initial thought was that this would limit my options on my trip. However when I tried replacing the spring with a piece of wadded up kitchen foil the strobe worked. When a second spring fell out during the trip another piece of kitchen foil solved that as well.
So firstly I was impressed that the equipment was robust enough to continue working despite some harsh treatment.
When I got home I contacted Ikelite and they told me to send it in and they'd provide a quote for repair.
I was initially shocked when I got an e-mail to say the strobe was on it's way back to me as I was about to contact them to see what was taking so long about sending the quote and wasn't happy about them repairing the strobe without my go ahead.
However I was very pleased when I got the strobe back better than new and at no charge. They repaired the flood damage and I now have the new click stop switch which I prefer to the original and have replaced the tube which I didn't even know was faulty. All this on a flooded two year old strobe.