Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

photo editing program?

Started by scuba-s ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

photo editing program?

9 posts
  1. I have just changed from a p&s to a dslr recently and am looking at a photo editing and storing program that is easy to use ,i tried light room 2 and found it to complicated ,i just need something that will do white balance take out any backscatter crop and enhance photos when needed.then catalog photos,without breaking the bank.any help would be appreciated

  2. Try downloading Google's Picasa it's free, handles RAW files and is simple to use.

  3. Try downloading Google's Picasa it's free, handles RAW files and is simple to use.

    i am looking for something in between say picasa and lightroom 2 in what you can do with, one that has a beginners setup and as i get better at using the program i can use the more advance features, and doesn"t cost an arm and a leg ,if there is any such program out there :)

  4. G'day,

     

    I understand your first impression of lightroom 2. I also thought that it was too complicated to learn. However, If i could suggest you something I would recommend you to stick with that program.

     

    My advice is to:

     

     

    ---> subscribe to this website http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=539 and follow the full training (took me around 15 hours)

     

    After that training you will know everything about lightroom, and most importantly you will be able to use the amazing power of that software to increase your creativity.

     

    Cheers

     

    Daniel

  5. Thats good advice .. no matter how daunting Adobe products may seem at first, a few good tutorials and a little bit of patience you will be doing much better than yuwould be in the same time with a lesser program.

  6. ---> subscribe to this website http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=539 and follow the full training (took me around 15 hours)

     

    I'm new to Lightroom 2 as well... This movielibrary's offered course seems quite fundamental, but does anybody know a familiar site where I could get basically the same thing without paying 25 bucks?! :unsure:

     

    Cheers,

    Scubamoose

  7. Hey partner,

    Try the Adobe TV website. Hours of free instruction videos. Sometimes you have to hunt around a little on the site to find them. http://tv.adobe.com/#pd+Lightroom.

     

    Have fun,

    Steve

  8. Hey partner,

    Try the Adobe TV website. Hours of free instruction videos. Sometimes you have to hunt around a little on the site to find them. http://tv.adobe.com/#pd+Lightroom.

     

    Have fun,

    Steve

     

    Excellent :unsure:

    Thanks Steve!

     

    All the best

    Scubamoose

  9. Try the Adobe TV website. Hours of free instruction videos. Sometimes you have to hunt around a little on the site to find them. http://tv.adobe.com/#pd+Lightroom.

     

    Just wanted to point out, that I actually got everything I needed (and more) in tv.adobe.com site.

    And for newcomer's in photo edit. Lightroom isn't anything supernatural - I got around to it in just two short days.

    Cheers

    Scubamoose

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.