Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Komodo clip

Started by Brumpy ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Komodo clip

4 posts
  1.  

    Enjoy, and give comment pls!

  2. Couple of comments, not on any technical stuff as I am only a punter looking and don't know anything about video at all.

     

    Start sequence with the eye thing is excellent, it really grabbed my attention big time.

     

    Scene setting topside stuff was great and matched the soundtrack well.

     

    At 0:30 just before the Komodo Nat. Park title I found the transition into the title way too abrupt - it kind of startled me.

     

    There are some shots of the boat at 0:52 / 0:53 which might have worked better as an ending to the piece rather than in the middle.

     

    The whole thing has quite a fast pace and a slow down toward the end with the boat and sunset might have worked well.

     

    Vis in the water does not look spectacular and was, I am sure, beyond your control as was some of the currents!

     

    If this feedback / comment was not the sort of stuff you were asking for then please disregard and ignore me.

     

    Paul C

  3. Couple of comments, not on any technical stuff as I am only a punter looking and don't know anything about video at all.

     

    Start sequence with the eye thing is excellent, it really grabbed my attention big time.

     

    Scene setting topside stuff was great and matched the soundtrack well.

     

    At 0:30 just before the Komodo Nat. Park title I found the transition into the title way too abrupt - it kind of startled me.

     

    There are some shots of the boat at 0:52 / 0:53 which might have worked better as an ending to the piece rather than in the middle.

     

    The whole thing has quite a fast pace and a slow down toward the end with the boat and sunset might have worked well.

     

    Vis in the water does not look spectacular and was, I am sure, beyond your control as was some of the currents!

     

    If this feedback / comment was not the sort of stuff you were asking for then please disregard and ignore me.

     

    Paul C

     

    Thank you!

    I asked for comments so i do not need to complain :-)

    It is always nice to see what other peope think, and maybe i can learn from it!

     

    Bruno

  4. Hi Bruno,

    Thanks for putting up your video, I really like the images and most of the flow of it. I'm with Paul, the ending sequence might be better to use to setup the underwater sequences. It would be fun to try the manta sailing off into the sunset as a closer. Could be a little cliche, just some ideas.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.