Backscatter just informed me for the second time that once again Ikelite has pushed out my delivery date for my Cp5000 housing. I just purchased 1500.00 worth of equipment and not to mention the housing and now I won’t have it in time for my trip. Over commit - under deliver is this the Ikelite mission statement? I ordered it April now I am not getting it untill June (date still unknown)? Is this a common problem for Ikelite?
Disappointed Diver
[Edited on 5-11-2002 by Reefkeep]
Ikelite has really stepped up to the plate to make things better! I'm changing to a thumbs up!
[Edited on 5-14-2002 by Reefkeep]
Hi Reefkeep,
I take full responsibility. I keep asking them to add features and change stuff on the housing. It's completely my fault. I can't help it...I'm an engineer.
Cheers
James Wiseman
Ike E-mailed me and listed several changes they are making. They sound like they will be worth the wait in the long run. Still I missed a trip also so I sympathize with you. I can assure you from long experince that Ike has the best customer service. You will note that none of the other 5000 housings are ready yet. No offense to Subal which is also great as far as products and service.
Thanks Dave, I understand it's Jame's fault!
This is good ............ having someone else take the blame for a change. Thanks jamesw.
Now maybe the thumbs down can be changed if we deliver a housing that works?
[Edited on 5-12-2002 by ike]
You deliver it before my vacation and thats a deal!
Same for me.
See my post about Titan housing. It seems that these delays are common in the industry. Personally, I wish they would not announce such optimistic release dates. Noone ever complains if a product releases ahead of schedule.
Anyway, I've finally gotten my housing - great product, no glitches. I guess that is what really matter, eh?