Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Can't paint a mask

Started by scorpio_fish ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Can't paint a mask

4 posts
  1. PS3 on a Mac (this problem doesn't exist on the PC version). I create an adjustment layer. I then create a layer mask. I can't use the black to paint or hide an area of the mask.

     

    If I do an alt-add layer mask and get a black mask, I can paint or reveal the mask. I working around it by inverting the mask when needed, but this is very inefficient. Any ideas?

  2. PS3 on a Mac (this problem doesn't exist on the PC version). I create an adjustment layer. I then create a layer mask. I can't use the black to paint or hide an area of the mask.

     

    If I do an alt-add layer mask and get a black mask, I can paint or reveal the mask. I working around it by inverting the mask when needed, but this is very inefficient. Any ideas?

    George, are you sure you've clicked on the mask before trying. I create a layer mask and work on it on MAC all the time.

  3. Works fine here as well. Any specific adjustment layer?

  4. Definitely clicked on the mask. Just a normal adjustment layer.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.