Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Adobe Premiere Elements 7 - is it any good?

Started by Jo Horrocks ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Adobe Premiere Elements 7 - is it any good?

7 posts
  1. Hi everyone,

    I'm currently using Corel VideoStudio 11 Plus for editing + was wondering whether to upgrade to VideoStudio Pro x2 Ultimate, or switch to Adobe Premiere Elements 7 (can't afford/justify the more expensive software out there at the moment....must buy another lottery ticket!!!!). Is anyone out there using Elements 7 and if so, is it any good for things like colour correction, Hi-def editing + blu-ray DVD production.

     

    Many thanks in advance for any input and happy Christmas to one and all,

     

    Jo

  2. Hi Jo

     

    I've used earlier versions of Premier Elements and found that you get a lot of software for the money when compared to the full versions. It gave access to most of the functions that you need for editing and was pretty good at colour correction from what I remember. I've not used it since hmmmm version 2 or 3 though so I'm not familiar with any of the new additions like blu-ray authoring or HD editing.

     

    Hope this helps.

     

    Cheers, Simon

  3. Thanks Simon. I've been trawling the internet and the reviews seem pretty good, but just wanted to check if it's any good for underwater footage editing. Certainly looks like it may have a few more features than you get with VideoStudio. Might have a go with the free trial before I make a final decision.

     

    Many thanks,

     

    Jo

  4. I would check if it supports your camera's format natively as well.

  5. I dont know about Premiere Elements 7, but until very recently I was using Premiere Element ver 3. Version 3 worked just fine for me for editing and burning standard definition video. Making DVD menus, was a bit limited, but acceptable for "home"use.

    However, I have recently switched to shooting all source video in 1440x1080 HDV and although I found that Premiere ver. 3 was able to edit these M2T files the ability to down convert and create a standard resolution file for DVD production was not up to my expectations. Whenever I exported a standard DVD resolution file from the edited HDV source material, the DVD version was "soft" and lacking sharpness, no matter how much I tried to override any settings. Hopefully the compression programs have improved in Premiere Elements with the newer versions but I have no expereince there.

    I found the quality of the compression programs in both the Edius program, and also Sony Vegas, to be of much better quality, and ended up switching to Vegas. After a month of using Vegas I am very pleased. Its much more feature rich than the Elements version I used, a much better DVD Authoring program is included too. But these choices are a bit more expensive, so I think it is like many things in life: you get what you pay for.

    I have not tried any Blu-Ray production to date. That requires me to buy a new TV, Bluray Player.. a Bluray burner..that will be the 2009 project.

    Edited by wolfeeldiver
  6. HI,

    I use elements5 which I find it does all things I need it to do. ( whichI can not do that many can I just add). :)

    I am like the most other poeple can not afford the full photoshop. But I do try to take the best image I can

    so I do not spend that time in photoshop.

    Andy ;):monkey:

  7. Thanks everyone for your input. I think the free trial is the way to go, to find out if it'll work with my camera and do what I need it to do. Might need to upgrade my PC first to ensure that it's meaty enough to cope with Blu-ray production......I see the January sales calling me!!!

     

    Have a great Christmas one and all.

     

    Jo

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.