
About 6 inches (15cm) high hanging under an overhang - Nothing the same or similar anywhere around.
Very interesting/attractive markings.
I am baffled .... and have not been able to ID this.
Help please
Read-only discussion

About 6 inches (15cm) high hanging under an overhang - Nothing the same or similar anywhere around.
Very interesting/attractive markings.
I am baffled .... and have not been able to ID this.
Help please
Same phylum. The common name "gorgonian wrapper" is increasingly used for this species, more correctly known as Nemanthus annamensis. It seems to live only on whips & gorgonians & is usually open at night. I think the pattern on the body makes it one of the most gorgeous anemones around.
What part of the world do you find things like that ?
very cool anemone !
Might be a hint in the title of the post Giles.
Does look pretty cool though with the dark background.
Paul C
i swear the word Maldives wasn't there when i posted .. but good to know !
Thankyou very much Leslie.
Have to confess this has had a few people baffled. Have looked up other examples and it looks like there is a very wide variation in the markings - I agree it really is a stunner.
We found those in Raja Ampat and the common name for them was a colonial anemone.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.