Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Youtube now has HD video.

Started by ronscuba ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Youtube now has HD video.

8 posts
  1. Not full resolution 1080 HD, but still pretty good and about time they caught up with other sites like vimeo.

     

    It doesn't default to HD. You have to click "watch in HD" in the lower right hand corner just beneath the video screen.

     

     

    Here is the same video on Vimeo.

     

    http://www.vimeo.com/999744

     

    Curious to hear which one people think looks better.

  2. sweet. Can't access it from the office but out of curiosity what formats does youtube HD accept? And is the max resolution 720p?

  3. Awesome video. Colors are fantastic, and the 720 res rocks. I started to watch some related vids, but they were so disappointing after seeing the clarity of yours. Thanks for sharing

  4. I can't readily discern a difference. Great clip. :cry:

  5. Nice film but Youtube just confirms for me that it is a waste, their artifacting is horrible. I've recently discovered Vimeo which does a very credible job.

  6. The youtube version does no default to HD. You have to click "watch in HD" in the lower right hand corner just beneath the video screen. For some reason, this option does not show on my work computer ? Maybe something to do with our network firewall.

     

    General consensus, even on the Vimeo discussion boards is YT HD is as good if not better than Vimeo HD.

  7. Excellent Ron! Excellent!

     

    I thought both views were pretty good but I probably lean toward the YT HD. But I can't say there was a big difference. Now you have me wanting to sell what I have and move up to HD and I know where there is a great deal on a unit. I hate you Ron!

     

    BDSC

  8. Besides being able to embed higher quality video as you could in the past with YouTube (as described here), it looks like embedding the HiDef version works as well, as described here. Here is the resulting embed code I've been able to use (you can override the dimensions if you want to make it the true 1280x720):

     

    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qmob1Sn_wjI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&ap=%2526fmt%3D22"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qmob1Sn_wjI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&ap=%2526fmt%3D22" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

     

    As far as discussion boards go, I think new tags would be needed for the HD versions.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.