Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

slowing down 30fps to 24 fps

Started by photovan ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

slowing down 30fps to 24 fps

5 posts
  1. Hi all, a question about my 5dmkii clips, shot at 30fps.

     

    Audio issues aside can they be slowed down from 30fps to 24fps in something like FCP?

     

    I don't mean converted to 24fps, I mean slowed down.... resulting in a slightly longer clip I guess.

     

    thanks darren

    ....still just using iMovie until I save up a few more $s for FCP....

  2. Ummm why would you want to do that darren? Unless it's fast action and your camera work is super steady, things look pretty weird 20% slower. And of course you can slow it down in FCP or even FCE (I think).

  3. Ummm why would you want to do that darren? Unless it's fast action and your camera work is super steady, things look pretty weird 20% slower. And of course you can slow it down in FCP or even FCE (I think).

     

    The newbie in me... just trying to work out the "least lossy" way to get my 5d clips compatible with PAL. And I did think that some action might look nice slowed down a bit...

     

    So maybe that's a better question drew... what's the best/ "least lossy" way to get my 5d clips compatible with PAL prior to edit. I shoot stills for a client that has their own library, and I could be supplying some stock clips to their (PAL compatible) video library too.

     

    I'll have to save faster to get FCP so I can stop asking silly questions...

     

    thanks... and happy New Year!

     

    darren

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.