Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Dive Mag and PDN

Started by wetpixel ·

  • 18Posts
  • 18Replies

Read-only discussion

Dive Mag and PDN

18 posts
  1. Brag, brag, brag.

     

    030708_190432_1224.jpg

     

    That's all. :D

  2. Congrats again!

     

    I did notice one small thing about that cover. The only name I can read at that resolution is DOUBILET. You should have a talk with the publisher. :D

  3. Congratulations Eric,

    That has got to be and awesome feeling. I think it says alot about your dedication and passion for U/W digital.

  4. So can we namedrop now?

  5. Congrats! Great shots that deserves the cover & article.

     

    But who is the strange one that hold the magazine? :D

  6. Check out all the booze in the background!

     

    Cheers

    James

  7. Congrats. That is one awesome pict.

  8. Check out all the booze in the background!

     

    Cheers

    James

    That's just what I was thinking! I sensed this "The Ladies Man" vibe from SNL.

  9. Check out all the booze in the background!

     

    Cheers

    James

    That's just what I was thinking! I sensed this "The Ladies Man" vibe from SNL.

    You're lucky you can't see the REST of the shelf, which extends for about 8 more feet to the right... :D

     

    Better that it says Doubilet than Cheng, right? :) Simon told me that I beat him out for the cover, which made my head swell up really big for a moment. But the Cuba article isn't even written by him, as far as I can tell. It's just a few of his photos that are used inside.

  10. You beat me to the punch as I was going to mention seeing many more in pictures I had seen of your place. I also recall pictures of that shelf after you had a party. (it was basically empty)

     

    Time for a party!

  11. got my bottle of Corvoisier... yeeaahh

  12. Many congratulations Eric, the right time at the right place worked out!

    About time somebody new started sticking it up the establishment.

  13. Big congrats, cover-boy.

     

    Last time I saw Simon he was talking about your quality photography - so you have obviously made the big cheese grade! That shot is a cracking cover image - I think that it is/has printed better that Doug's D60 cover shot from the month before.

     

    Alex

  14. Can you keep a secret?

     

    It's cropped in, too, so the source isn't 6MP. It's actually a fair amount less, since even a little cropping significantly cuts the number of pixels (that whole area being squared thing). I was surprised that it printed so well, but at least the original was sharp. :D

  15. Tell that to the Shark Diver Film Expert...along with a pic of your cover...

  16. They probably printed an 8x10 then scanned it to 100MP so no worries there. He says sarcastically.

     

    Well done!

  17. Very nice and well deserved. Tilt one from the back shelf!

    TedJ

  18. Congratulations Eric. Great shot.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.