Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

50D raw image import into Aperture showing unsupported

Started by yahsemtough ·

  • 15Posts
  • 15Replies

Read-only discussion

50D raw image import into Aperture showing unsupported

15 posts
  1. Ok, I need some assistance as I am newer to Aperture and this is the first import of 50D Raw images into it.

     

    It shows unsupported file format when imported. I have used DNG converter and without. I am lost as to why it says this. I went to the apple site for Aperture downloads and downloaded the most recent raw support upgrade which showed 5D Mark 11 support so it would encompass the 50D.

     

    Any thoughts Aperture users?

     

    Thanks for the help

     

    Todd

  2. Have you tried automatic update from the software? You may have grabbed an older update

     

    Anyway 2.3 is supossed to support the 50D

     

    http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...tyupdate23.html

     

    P.S. Did you shoot sRAW? That could be the issue.

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  3. Yep, I have downloaded a more recent update that that one so the update is right and the file is RAW. Hmmm still confused as to why it is saying that.

  4. Yep, I have downloaded a more recent update that that one so the update is right and the file is RAW. Hmmm still confused as to why it is saying that.

     

     

    Not sure. but sRAW seems to have issues and cannot be processed from what I have read

  5. Todd:

     

    Simple question I know, but to make sure, have you tried restarting your Mac?

     

    You have Aperture v 2.1.2?

     

    And latest version of OS 10.4 or 10.5?

     

    And you downloaded the Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 2.4?

     

    Hopefully you do not have to install Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 2.3 first, which included the 50D.

     

    John

  6. Aperture 1.5.6

    Digital Raw 2.4 which covers the previous because I went to download the older one and it said no need as I had a more recent version.

    OS 10.4.11 should be recent as I did a program update to ensure everything was current.

     

    Could it be I need to upgrade the Aperture to the more recent?

  7. Aperture 1.5.6

    Digital Raw 2.4 which covers the previous because I went to download the older one and it said no need as I had a more recent version.

    OS 10.4.11 should be recent as I did a program update to ensure everything was current.

     

    Could it be I need to upgrade the Aperture to the more recent?

     

     

    The update for 2.3 and 2.4 are for iPhoto '08 and Aperture 2...

     

    EDIT THe upgrade is $99 U.S. and Aperture is a big improvement over 1.x

     

    Upgrade

     

    Canada also is $99 Canadian it looks like

     

    Canada

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  8. Damn, after that last post I had a feeling I was going to be needing to do the upgrade. But if improvements are worth it then that is good by me. Just new to Aperture for editing but, do like what it has to offer.

     

    Thanks for the help

    Edited by yahsemtough
  9. Damn, after that last post I had a feeling I was going to be needing to do the upgrade. But if improvements are worth it then that is good by me. Just new to Aperture for editing but, do like what it has to offer.

     

    Thanks for the help

     

     

    Glad to help...Aperture 2 is a HUGE improvement over the first one and looks/feels different. Alot quicker, interface works better, etc. Almost a different App entirely. Extremely easy to get the basics down quickly on the new one..showed my brother the basics in about 5 minutes when he got his copy. (I have also been playing with Lightroom alot lately...beginning to like that one also :lol: )

    Edited by yahsemtough
  10. Aperture sucks.... Capture One baby!

  11. Aperture sucks.... Capture One baby!

     

     

    Hmmm, EUR 299.00 and I have LR and Aperture - so should I download the demo and spend more money? (Sounds like it - way too many enablers around these boards :lol: )

  12. Drew,

    Say it with me....

    Lightroom :lol:

     

    Steve

  13. Drew,

    Say it with me....

    Lightroom :lol:

     

    Steve

     

    If you are trying to enable me (and not the other Drew), too late I have Lightroom ... HA!!!!! Too late Mr. Williams.

     

    Now tell me aboout how you like the Tokina again since I shoot Canon cropped sensors..as of now :)

  14. Guess I got two Drews with one shot. :lol:

     

    If you have 2.1 just I can't understand why you'd be looking for something else.

     

    I'm loving the Tokina partner but I would bow to the others here who have shown us what it can do. Did you go out and buy a new camera?

     

    Steve

  15. Guess I got two Drews with one shot. :dancing:

     

    :(

     

    If you have 2.1 just I can't understand why you'd be looking for something else.

     

    I really wasn't but I am a software junkie, though right now will stick with Lightroom and Aperture. Finally loaded up Lightroom a month or so ago and started playing with it the last week, pretty cool.

     

     

    I'm loving the Tokina partner but I would bow to the others here who have shown us what it can do. Did you go out and buy a new camera?

     

    Steve

     

    Did not buy anything yet, though I may do so before the next trip. Have to have my camera checked out, when I used it last trip it was acting a bit strange towards the end so I am sending it in. Looks like it needs an adjustment.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.