Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Equipment Insurance

Started by scubababe ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Equipment Insurance

8 posts
  1. I've recently bought myself an N90s, aquatica housing, a DS 125 and two Nikon lenses (18-35m and 105m) .... all of which I now need to insure. Previous discussion threads have recommended insurance providers available in the US only.

     

    Can anyone recommend a reliable and reasonable insurance company in the UK?

     

    Thanks

  2. Try DEPP.

  3. I don't fancy their no cash policy and they are only based in the US. I wanted something more local!

  4. I've read in previous posts that many homeowners insurance policies may cover your equipment. If you are not a homeowner, you might contact a local homeowner insurance provider. Just an idea? :freak:

  5. Here is one company in the UK: Dive Master Insurance

     

    Dive Master Insurance

     

    Cheers,

  6. I would agree with marscuba in his recommendation of Dive Master

     

    I looked aroud at a few other companies in the UK providing insurance and found that they put too many caveats into their policies. The thing that most impressed me about DiveMaster is that i can take my kit anywhere in the world, even if the Foreign Office advise against travel to that country.

     

    My dive gear is worth approx £4000 and my camera gear another £5000, the premium is about £500 per annum. It covers me for UK and abroad, including accidental damage, theft and flooding.

     

    They also have agencies in Eire, Germany, Netherlands and Spain.

  7. Hey ReyeR

     

    Do DEPP provide for Australians too? I doubt that my home policy extension would be easy to activate on the basis of flooding!:unsure:

    Thanks

     

    Tack

    Canberra

    Australia

  8. Do DEPP provide for Australians too?

    Yes, they have appointed some dive shops as reps/evaluation centres. I know there are a couple in Sydney.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.