I received Adobe Photo shop CS4 and Aperture 2.1 loaded on an IMac for xmas I have tried successfully to load 50D Raw files in both programs but I feel like a monkey doing a math problem when it comes to the actual editing. Do any good instructional dvd’s exist on either that you would recommend? Ideally some that addresses common underwater issues? Did I mention this is my first time using a Mac, so far that has not been a problem. About 5 years ago I considered myself fairly decent in Adobe 7 but apparently it’s not like ridding a bike and I have obviously fallen off it.
YouTube.com has many instructional videos on aperture as well as Photoshop cs4. Also in iTunes, the podcast section, search for podcasts on Aperture and Photoshop, you'll be amazed at what you find. Also if there is an Apple store nearby, they offer One to One training for about $100 a year, one hour a week. And are a wonderful source of information/help.
-Jim
Anyone know how to copy custom actions across to newer versions of Photoshop?
Alex
Alex,
In the Presets Folder, there is an Actions folder; you may want to try moving one of your actions into this folder and see if it works.
Thanks Jeff.
Do you know if that works - or am I the guinea pig?
Alex
Thanks Jeff.
Do you know if that works - or am I the guinea pig?
Alex
I'm not at my home computer or I'd try it, but I can't see a problem with trying to move one action and see if it works. I know other things like ICC profiles etc work, so I imagine this would too.
Delete it if it does not. I'm pretty sure it won't break your computer.
Alex there are a few threads on this on a google search - ultimately it's all about copying .atn files from one to the other. They do say that some actions may need to be tinkered with to work.
I always save my actions into a folder and then load up in the new version.
So far the 3 PSCS3 most often actions I use work in CS4, but they are just resize and watermark ones. I have not tried my more complicated action sets.