Just a heads up ... Lightroom 2.2 for 64-bit (both the Mac and Windows versions) seems to have a WICKED memory leak/bug/issue.
Memory usage spikes horribly and quite quickly - especially if you use the gradient filters and local adjustment brush.
I was lucky enough to have a 2.1 installer still laying around and was able to roll-back no problem ...
As far as I can tell in reading forum postings, this is exclusively a 64-bit problem and does not affect the 32-bit version.
Just a heads up ... Lightroom 2.2 for 64-bit (both the Mac and Windows versions) seems to have a WICKED memory leak/bug/issue.
Memory usage spikes horribly and quite quickly - especially if you use the gradient filters and local adjustment brush.
Seems to have been addressed in LR 2.3 ... which is in RC (release candidate) status.
"A memory leak could cause Lightroom to crash while attempting to process files with local adjustments."
http://thelightroomlab.com/2009/01/lightro...-now-available/
Has anyone upgraded to 2.3 - particularly a 64-bit version?
I have learned to wait....however, for my uses so far, 2.2 64 bit has been ok.
Cheers,
Marli