Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Is this a goby?

Started by funkcanna ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Is this a goby?

4 posts
  1. Sorry if this is a basic question, im new to all this. I cant seem to find out what this fish is. I think its a goby but I really dont know!

     

    Picture is poor, I know - as I said, new to UW photography and shooting available light on a DSLR which is not nice!

     

    3182751024_ceed4fd312.jpg

  2. With all identification posts it helps greatly if you say at which location the pic. was taken - it can help to narrow the field significantly

  3. Sorry, it was taken in the Arabian Gulf (UAE West Coast)

  4. Yes it is a goby - Genus Amblygobius. I'm not positive on the species, but my best guess is Amblygobius albimaculatus.

    Edited by acroporas
Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.