Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Borneo video - what do you think?

Started by Jo Horrocks ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Borneo video - what do you think?

4 posts
  1. Hi everyone,

     

    Just managed to upload a short HD video on to You Tube, I'm interested to see what people think.....good and bad!!! I need to change the title sequence, as it's not legible when played.

     

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfU2OFGgcZM

     

    It doesn't default to HD. You have to click "watch in HD" in the lower right hand corner just beneath the video screen. It's best to pause it at the start to let the film load, otherwise it may play a bit jerky. This should only take a few minutes.

     

    It was shot using an Aditech housing and a Sony HC1 camera on a trip to Borneo last November.

     

    Hope you like it.

     

    Bye for now,

     

    Jo

  2. The compression on Youtube isn't so bad. I expected worse. Looks like you had good encounters with Sipadan's finest. Nice work and great music selection. I would suggest you credit the music as well, since you are using it without permission so it'd be nice to help them sell a few songs. :good:

    A suggestion next time you shoot big schools of fish and are not looking for a silhouette shot, try to get the sun behind your back so you get the silver sheen. The subjects come out better as well.

    Edited by Drew
  3. The compression on Youtube isn't so bad. I expected worse. Looks like you had good encounters with Sipadan's finest. Nice work and great music selection. I would suggest you credit the music as well, since you are using it without permission so it'd be nice to help them sell a few songs. :good:

    A suggestion next time you shoot big schools of fish and are not looking for a silhouette shot, try to get the sun behind your back so you get the silver sheen. The subjects come out better as well.

     

    Hi Drew,

     

    Yeah, Sipadan was brilliant. I'm just not getting in to the water often enough with the camera, so the first few days of a trip are always spent getting re-familiar with the camera and trying to remember what worked last time. Yes, I definitely need to try to get the sun behind me when shooting, so that I'm not relying on software to try to get the colours right. I also need to remember to white balance more frequently than I have been.

     

    Glad you liked the music and yes I need to add some credits for the music.

     

    Thanks for your comments,

     

    Jo

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.