Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

New Column on Underwater Photography

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 20Posts
  • 20Replies

Read-only discussion

New Column on Underwater Photography

20 posts
  1. For those who don't read the front page, and come straight to the forums, I thought I would announce this here too.

     

    Starting in the next issue - due out this week (I think) I will be writing a new monthly column on the techniques of underwater photography.

     

    While it unashamedly focuses on the methods of UW photography, it will not be a tech-fest mired in jargon. It is about the key aspects of the photographic process that differentiate producing a stunning shot from an average one. I hope that this will be helpful to all, whether you shoot a compact or SLR. The first column is about the subtleties of the technique of shooting from the hip!

     

    I have actually written the first four installments, although the later ones might get pushed back if really exciting images and stories come up on my travels.

     

    The column will only appear in DIVE Magazine. http://www.divemagazine.co.uk/

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  2. That is pretty cool Alex.

     

    So when are you going to write the definitive book on the subject?

     

    Paul C

  3. So when are you going to write the definitive book on the subject?

     

    Paul C

     

    Hey big Paulie,

    Well said mate.

    It is the question on a lot of people's lips. . .

    Bruce.

  4. So when are you going to write the definitive book on the subject?

     

    When I get the right offer! :D

     

    No plans for the 12-18 months. I am still experimenting and learning. You're gonna love some of the new toys I have to test in Cayman. Although I have to say that the new talks I have put together for the two Cayman workshops would actually work very well as the main text of a book too.

     

    Alex

  5. Good stuff Alex, I look forward to both the Cayman workshop and your forthcoming book offer!

     

    I will pre-buy one if it helps, we can discuss discount structures at a later date.

     

    Anyway - back to the packing - we have our first flight tomorrow.

     

    Paul C

    Edited by PRC
  6. Congratulations, Alex! Should enable you to reach (and become famous and admired by) an even wider audience!

  7. Starting in the next issue - due out this week (I think) I will be writing a new monthly column on the techniques of underwater photography.

     

    Alex

     

    At last maybe they can start getting some decent pics in the mag... :P (only joking Simon and lovely staff) :blush:

     

    Well done mate, but watchout, your be as annoyingly over exposed (forgive the pun) as Monty Halls next....

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  8. I will pre-buy one if it helps, we can discuss discount structures at a later date.

     

    So The pre-sell has started allready uhh??!! One for me as well! :blush:

    And congrats Alex !!

     

    Scubamoose

  9. How will we live with him on the boat in Port Hardy this year? LOL

     

    Congrats Alex, although I won't be able to see them as I don't think it is available locally.

     

    Cheers, they have selected well in you!

     

    Todd

  10. Yeah - and I'll be the only one to shower again!

     

    Alex

  11. My copy of 'Dive' arrived on the doorstep this morning.

     

    I only hope that the marvellous article that preceded yours in the magazine did not detract too much from your efforts!

     

    Regards, Trev

  12. Congrats Alex - Its a hard one to find in Australia but I will keep a look out for it .

  13. Thanks guys!

     

    Still not seen it myself as I do not subscribe to any scuba magazines - must get to the shops and purchase a copy!

     

    Alex

  14. Congrats Alex - Its a hard one to find in Australia but I will keep a look out for it .

     

    Distributed in Oz by Gordon & Gotch.

    Ask for it to be ordered at your local newsagent. . . .

    Bruce...

  15. Distributed in Oz by Gordon & Gotch.

    Ask for it to be ordered at your local newsagent. . . .

    Bruce...

     

    Thanks Bruce

  16. congrats, and look forward to seeing more from you!

     

    P.S. My girlfriend says you look cute in a wetsuit..we were watching the Magic Filters DVD. Now she's given me the green light to get more new toys. Thanks!

    :D

    Edited by antacid
  17. P.S. My girlfriend says you look cute in a wetsuit..we were watching the Magic Filters DVD. Now she's given me the green light to get more new toys. Thanks!

     

    I wouldn't trust her eyes on evaluating your photos then!

  18. I wouldn't trust her eyes on evaluating your photos then!

     

    :D:) Class....

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  19. I wouldn't trust her eyes on evaluating your photos then!

     

    definitely..you should see the guy she hangs out with!

     

    :D

  20. Hey Alex

    Well done...will look out for a copy next time I'm in the news agency over here.

    Edited by wagsy
Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.