Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Effective / efficient metering

Started by DuncanS ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Effective / efficient metering

1 posts
  1. Can you let me know if I have this right or am I missing something simply....

     

    eg. WA shot with reef wall and blue water backdrop. I meter for the background exposure controlling the background with the shutter speed ( lower shutter speed= lighter background) Expose the forground using strobe power, aperture and iso)

     

    To meter the backgound set camera to centre weight or spot point at blue half depress shutter. If in manual I then adjust shutter / aperture etc until the meter zero's, or switch to Tv or Av, set the shutter or aperture and then see what exposure it tells me.

     

    Is it easier to meter in TV or AV or P and then switch to manual for the shot or to just do it all in manual?

     

    ie how do you meter the scene....

     

    Hope that makes sense

     

    Duncan

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.