Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Problem with D200

Started by deepsea ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Problem with D200

11 posts
  1. One of my D200 bodies seems to be having battery contact problems, I have cleaned all the batteries and contact but it still has not solved the problem. When I put the battery in it lasts for a few photos (roughly 10 frames) and then just flashes the low battery indicator at me and thats it for my dive.

     

    I have put my batteries over into my other D200 to check them and they are okay and shooting fine. The camera has never been dropped or damaged, it was working fine and then one day it just started having problems.

     

    I am off to Hawaii in 3 weeks and want to know if there is any good reputable shops that may be able to fix it for me quickly, or if anyone has any ideas from here about what the problem might be I would be grateful.

     

    Many thanks

     

    Karen

  2. One of my D200 bodies seems to be having battery contact problems, I have cleaned all the batteries and contact but it still has not solved the problem. When I put the battery in it lasts for a few photos (roughly 10 frames) and then just flashes the low battery indicator at me and thats it for my dive.

     

    I have put my batteries over into my other D200 to check them and they are okay and shooting fine. The camera has never been dropped or damaged, it was working fine and then one day it just started having problems.

     

    I am off to Hawaii in 3 weeks and want to know if there is any good reputable shops that may be able to fix it for me quickly, or if anyone has any ideas from here about what the problem might be I would be grateful.

     

    Many thanks

     

    Karen

     

    It happened to me with D80. I google for problem and found solution that does not make sence but it works.

    Clean contacts between body and lens! It worked for my D80 so far. I know .... hard to belive.

     

    Grega

  3. It happened to me with D80. I google for problem and found solution that does not make sence but it works.

    Clean contacts between body and lens! It worked for my D80 so far. I know .... hard to belive.

     

    Grega

     

    Thanks sounds strange but will give it a try, fingers crossed

  4. Dead battery syndrome.

     

    Make sure you have the latest firmware upgrade. Gets rid of the problem.

  5. Dead battery syndrome.

     

    Make sure you have the latest firmware upgrade. Gets rid of the problem.

     

    Thanks will double check my update

  6. I had the same issue, and my camera had the latest firmware. It had never done well with batteries, however from Day one. Died on the last day of a trip. I thought it was the batteries. I had to fight Nikon, as the problem did not improve after several six week waits for service. Luckily mine was till under warranty, and after being very adamant, they replaced the body. The new one has been fine.

     

    Hope you find out what the problem is, and cure it.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  7. Hi

     

    Many thanks for your comments Marli, mine is sadly out of warranty as I have had it for 2 years, I like you have the latest Firmware, am still trying all the contacts. It has worked perfectly for all the time I have had it and then one day just takes a crap on me.

     

    Fingers crossed, have not given up hope yet.

     

    Karen

  8. Are you using original or 3rd party batteries?

  9. Hi Maarten

     

    I am using original Nikon batteries, I have three and have tried each one with the sam result of failure in one body and work fine in the other body. I am hoping that cleaning the contacts will work otherwise I will take it to Hawaii and see if someone there can look at it.

     

    Any suggestions are welcome though?

     

    Thanks

     

    Karen

  10. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be an authorized repair facility in Hawaii. Here is what is on the Nikon USA website:

    West of the Mississippi River:

    Nikon Inc. Photo & Digital Service

    Nikon Inc. Factory Service

    841 Apollo Street, Suite 100

    El Segundo, CA 90245-4721

    (310) 414-8107

    Perhaps a call can lead you in the right direction. Also, maybe a post on the Nikonians website forums will get a response re: a recommended camera repair facility.

    Here's another listing, but I don't know if it is current:

    Photo Tech Servicenter

    1413 South King Street Suite 201

    Honolulu, HI 96814 Map

    1-808-952-6161

    This camera repair shop features camera service and repairs.

     

    Good luck!

     

    Marli

    Edited by scubamarli
  11. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be an authorized repair facility in Hawaii. Here is what is on the Nikon USA website:

    West of the Mississippi River:

    Nikon Inc. Photo & Digital Service

    Nikon Inc. Factory Service

    841 Apollo Street, Suite 100

    El Segundo, CA 90245-4721

    (310) 414-8107

    Perhaps a call can lead you in the right direction. Also, maybe a post on the Nikonians website forums will get a response re: a recommended camera repair facility.

    Here's another listing, but I don't know if it is current:

    Photo Tech Servicenter

    1413 South King Street Suite 201

    Honolulu, HI 96814 Map

    1-808-952-6161

    This camera repair shop features camera service and repairs.

     

    Good luck!

     

    Marli

     

    Thanks Marli, I had the smae info, I have a guy coming here on Thursday for an OW course who is a Nikon rep in UK, so hopefully he might be able to shed some light......

     

    Hope you are getting some diving in 2009,

     

    Karen

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.