Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

underwater panoramas

Started by chrisg ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

underwater panoramas

3 posts
  1. This url has a an attempt at an underwater panorama:

     

    http://www.lplizard.com/chrisg/png/pan.jpg

     

    The text in the middle is from using a trial version of a panorama program.

     

    The image size before I scaled it for the web was >6000 pixels wide.

     

    Its not the most attractive subject matter or composition. ..I shot them idly late in a dive.

    I'd be tempted to try it on a wreck sometime.

  2. hi ´chris, nice try! how manyshots did you compose, if I may ask.

    Did you use any assistance like a tripod, etc?

  3. Its from 4 images. No tripod.

     

     

    This one's actually a little more interesting:

    http://www.lplizard.com/chrisg/png/panfan.jpg

     

    It was stitched from 3 images shot "portrait" style.

     

    Even though it is of a somewhat "normal" aspect ratio, I'm not sure I could have

    exactlly reproduced it conventionally with the setup I had on this dive - with the strobe setup I had (just one on this dive), I think the central coral was too large to get close enough to evenly light and deal with the particulate matter in the water.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.