Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Can you put copywrite text on an image

Started by aussie ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Can you put copywrite text on an image

4 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    Can anyone tell me if there's a way to put text (ie copywrite) on an image using Lighroom? I used to to it with CS3, but I don't have that at the moment.

     

    Cheers,

    Ryan.

  2. Hi,

     

    There is a checkbox In the export dialog of Adobe LR that says "Add Copyright watermark". If you check it, as long as you've set the copyright metadata, LR will write the © Your Name onto the exported photo. You need to have the copyright IPTC field set with the name you want to appear.

  3. LR adds a SMALL text in one of the lower corners of the image. I guess the font is 10-15 pixels big... There are other ways to put a big watermark (or other things) described in a link I've found somewhere here on wetpixel. That method is automatic but opens PS and go through that. I'll post the link if I can find it, but now I'm going to eat...

     

    /K

  4. Hey Ryan

     

    Yes you can using an export action in lightroom called mogify

     

    This is available from Timothy Armes-Timothy Armes-LR2 Mogrify-there is a free version, or you can donate to get a full version.

     

    You will also need to install imagemagik-full installation instructions are on his site.

     

    With it you can add graphic or text watermarks (at whatever size you want)and a host of other things-well worth it!

     

    All the best

     

    Adam

    Edited by adamdiveruk
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.