I am heading out to the Cayman Islands in april and I've been looking at Advanced Diver Magazine's 2009 Photo Week, aimed at CCR/Tech OC/ and OC divers. I've got around 1000 dives experience with a Sony Cybershot/Sea&Sea YS110 set up, and since leaving my job as a dive guide I've been able to do around 25/30 dives with my D200/Aquatica/DS-125 setup. I have been happy/ecstatic/surprised/confused/disappointed/frustrated with my results, and I would love to spend a week on a 'proper course' with some pros and experienced phtotgraphers, and now perhaps I have the chance.
I guess in all I'm looking at spending $3000 if I do it. Before I commit, I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of any previous ADM photo weeks. If so, can you tell me if I would fit in as a recreational BSAC OWI/PADI MSDT. I see that there will be several competitions, but I can't tell how much educational time (classroom etc) they offer.
I'm just starting to look into it, as I decided to travel just last night. Any pointers to other photo courses around that time would be much appreciated. I don't have to go to the Caymans, I'm based in Sacramento, California, anywhere warm will do.....
Thanks in advance