- 9Posts
- 9Replies
Read-only discussion
End of the line
-
-
Cheers Paul
This looks emotional but needed... No extreme presenters jumping out of airplanes and swimming with great whites while naked and covered in blood !!!
.. This looks like conservation filmmaking as it should be... Shocking for the right reasons.Jeez ...
wait for the tradition, my rights and workers jobs speeches...

Dive safe
DeanB
-
Very disturbing stuff. Its a shame that we as a society have allowed things to get this bad. I mean can you believe that in the 21st century, countries still hunt whales, let alone what is happening to the shark populations of the world, along with all the other plundering that goes on. Lets hope that some of our elected politicians and decision makers sit up and take a bit of notice of this film, stop sitting on their hands, and do something about this disgraceful situation before it is to late! I shall step down off my soap box now.
Cheers.
-
It seems the seas will inevitably return to their primeval state with nothing but jellyfish and other simple invertebrates. Meanwhile, we paved over paradise and found a space in the parking lot.
-
It seems the seas will inevitably return to their primeval state with nothing but jellyfish and other simple invertebrates. Meanwhile, we paved over paradise and found a space in the parking lot.
"Don't is always seem to go....you don't what you've got 'til its gone."
-
Some how the first word came to mind was 'Sea Shepherd' after watching the trailer. While it is alarming or inspiring, I think we have more problems on other part of the earth that will erase the earth completely than worry about fish disappear by 2048. I always had a believe where civilization started probably also where it ends or begin the endding sequences. Could be sooner than 2048, you never know. Meanwhile dive while we can ...

-
So are you suggesting, CADiver, that we just give up and let this rape and pillage continue till it is to late to do anything. That seems to be a rather harsh attitude towards the oceans, especially from a diver.
I agree that the earth has some very major hurdles to jump, and to jump these hurdles we have to inform and educate people, and if this film helps to do this, as far as over fishing is concerned, then I say "well done".
-
So are you suggesting, CADiver, that we just give up and let this rape and pillage continue till it is to late to do anything. That seems to be a rather harsh attitude towards the oceans, especially from a diver.
I agree that the earth has some very major hurdles to jump, and to jump these hurdles we have to inform and educate people, and if this film helps to do this, as far as over fishing is concerned, then I say "well done".
No ...
-
I think this looks great, and hope it helps divers and non-divers alike realize the need for protection on all levels.