Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Help - Initialising Microdrive with S2

Started by kthan ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Help - Initialising Microdrive with S2

4 posts
  1. Hi

     

    When I pop my microdrive into the camera, it says " card not initialised" . How do I format the card with my S2? I have flipped thru the manual but there are no instructions for this. The card probably became unformatted after i erased some files via my card reader instead of the camera. Please help.

     

    Thanks!

     

    Eric

  2. Hi

     

    When I pop my microdrive into the camera, it says " card not initialised" . How do I format the card with my S2? I have flipped thru the manual but there are no instructions for this. The card probably became unformatted after i erased some files via my card reader instead of the camera. Please help.

     

    Thanks!

     

    Eric

    It is in the main menu - you can either delete all images or 'Format the card'

  3. Yup, if I remember correct, it will yell "Card not initialized" for a long time and hitting "Menu/OK" a few times does nothing. Keep hitting it and then you will be able to scroll to "format". Not the most user friendly aspect of the camera, but the only quirk I can think of.

  4. tks guys. you are right. You gotta hit the menu a few times to get the format function to work. I thought i have to send my S2 in for servicing when i couldn't get the menu out.

     

    Microdrive works like new now :unsure:

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.