Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

sky contrast play back problem

Started by John Dory ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

sky contrast play back problem

2 posts
  1. Hi

     

    I'm not sure if this is the place to post this problem. I put together a very simple stop motion project inside a video. Very simply it was a pair of fins 'walking' across the deck of a boat,with the camera looking out to sea. The whole piece lasts approx. 6 seconds. I am using video package ULead8.

     

    I used this to prepare a quick short to post on youtube as a wmv file and had no problems with it. However when I incorporated it into the finished video (about 20 minutes long) the sky looked like I had coloured it in with a yellow crayon! That is the best desciption I can give! There is no problem with the lighting on the photos themselves. I have tried to reproduce the part of the video (a 5 minute chapter) as a wmv file but it won't reproduce. It seems it is in the full video that this phenomena occurs.

     

    Initially I had each frame lasting 0.02 second which I then increased to 0.03 second but it made no difference.

     

    Can anyone help?

     

    John Dory

  2. Hi

     

    I'm not sure if this is the place to post this problem. I put together a very simple stop motion project inside a video. Very simply it was a pair of fins 'walking' across the deck of a boat,with the camera looking out to sea. The whole piece lasts approx. 6 seconds. I am using video package ULead8.

     

    I used this to prepare a quick short to post on youtube as a wmv file and had no problems with it. However when I incorporated it into the finished video (about 20 minutes long) the sky looked like I had coloured it in with a yellow crayon! That is the best desciption I can give! There is no problem with the lighting on the photos themselves. I have tried to reproduce the part of the video (a 5 minute chapter) as a wmv file but it won't reproduce. It seems it is in the full video that this phenomena occurs.

     

    Initially I had each frame lasting 0.02 second which I then increased to 0.03 second but it made no difference.

     

    Can anyone help?

     

    John Dory

     

    Been awhile since I have used Ulead (quie awhile :) ) but usually when I see real radical color shifts when I am doing things it is for a few possible reasons:

     

    1.) Missing codec in the application to properly play the material

    2.) Corruption of an asset

    3.) Using a different color space (or using images that are CYMK for instance)

    4.) Watching items on a non color corrected monitor

    5.) Putting a filter on the footage that I forgot about :pardon:

     

    But what you are seeing sounds very radical. When you say

    I have tried to reproduce the part of the video (a 5 minute chapter) as a wmv file but it won't reproduce. It seems it is in the full video that this phenomena occurs.
    do you mean the problem does not reproduce in the 5 minute section but it does happen in the full video? That could lead to more of an answer.

     

    Someone who knows Ulead better may jump in, but you may want to post more details on how you did the various steps. Sounds like if it posted properly to youtube there is something in the settings that are otherwise changing things.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.