Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Question about a setup.

Started by desidiver ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Question about a setup.

6 posts
  1. I have olympus 1030SW with PT-043 housing and i am looking at different systems to add a strobe etc. I really like this Inon setup, http://tinyurl.com/d7c659 and wanted to know if it would be a smart choice.

     

    Do i have to worry about Inonamerica not being in business anymore.

     

     

    thanks

    Nayan

  2. I don't know if I am correct here, but Inon America was just a local distribution.

     

    Since establishing Inon America in September 2003, we have done our best job for these 5+ years building Inon brand name recognition, reputation and market share in North, Central and South America, but in spite of our efforts and success, the Japanese manufacturers of Inon product, Inon, Inc. and Seanet, Inc., have suddenly and unilaterally decided to sell directly to our customer base, cutting Inon America out of the very business it created.

     

    It seems to me that your only problem will be to service your Inon equipment you will either have to send back to Japan or find a local service technician. It would seem that Inon just didnt want some one else making money from selling their stuff when they can do it.

  3. http://www.fun-in.com.tw/catalog/index.php?cPath=95_34 I've emailed the guy who runs this, I think its Joe Chang. In any case, great prices on Inon setups and delivery was very quick by mail.

     

    They are good ! Reef-photo of the East if I may ... :-)

     

     

     

    Joe's signature:

    Cheers

    JOE CHANG

    **********************************************************************

    FUN-IN UNDERWATER PHOTO EQUIPMENT

    http://fun-in.com.tw info@fun-in.com.tw

    Head Quarter

    No.134, Sec 3., Linsen Rd., Tainan Taiwan 704

    Tel: 886 6 274 0508

    Fax: 886 6 274 6238

    **********************************************************************

    Edited by CADiver
  4. thank you all for the feedback, what about the setup? should i be looking at other strobes or lens system etc.

     

    Nayan

  5. I think you are on the right track selecting a compact strobe, as far as i can think of Sea&Sea are the only other manuf to do something small and effective.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.