Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Selling HDV footage

Started by Jules (Helioxfilm) ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Selling HDV footage

6 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I am thinking to re-catalogize my tapes, making short clips with a hope to sell them via footage libraries. Then I searched the net and found that there are many HDCAM, HDCAM SR sources, but less HDV...

     

    What is your experience: is the HDV footage sellable footage? Does it worth the work to make a catalogue, submit clips to stock libraries (or run your own as for example Wagsy does)?

     

    If yes, could you recommend me such libraries? I made some research on the net, there are plenty of them, but which one (or two) were able to sell your footage?

     

    Best,

    Jules

  2. I've been relatively successful at selling HD/HDV clips on Pond5 and iStock. Won't get rich, but a nice outlet for your work.

    Edited by segal3
  3. HDV is certainly sellable. That said, as time passes it is becoming less and less acceptable. Of course if you have that great shot, it will always be valuable. But, how many of our shots are "that shot". If you have time, it can be a nice source of additional cash.

  4. Thanks for the reactions... It seems it worth a try and the extra effort to organize the clips...

  5. Thanks for the reactions... It seems it worth a try and the extra effort to organize the clips...

     

    Very interesting as I have tape upon tape upon tape of HDV material and also tons of AV footage. I´ll give these sites a go.

     

    Are there any other sites (besides these) that allow HDV? Post ´em here.

  6. It would be interesting for those that are considering selling stock to see what standard of footage wetpixel members already have available at stock agencies. See what is selling and from that be in a better position to know what to upload, which sites are better and then share the information.

    I volunteer my portfolio at istock to the forum, take a look, I'd like some feedback.

    Just look up RWBrooks in the advanced search or go here: http://www.istockphoto.com/user_view.php?id=3349984

    Nothing particularly amazing or rare but some stuff is of the clarity and colour balance I always strive for.

     

    "It's not what you've got it's how you use it"

     

    Couldn't agree more.

     

    Cheers

    Richard

    Edited by RWBrooks
Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.