Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New 10.5 DX fisheye and more (photos)

Started by james ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

New 10.5 DX fisheye and more (photos)

16 posts
  1. It's in German:

     

    http://alex.alfweb.de/nikon_salesfolder_de_juli_.pdf

     

    But check out the 10.5DX fisheye!!!!!!

     

    And it looks like a Wifi grip may be in the offing as well...Interesting indeed!!!

     

    But I think we will have to wait till the 22nd for the official release.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. hey james,

     

    how did you find this jewel ? Actually I wanted to translate the German for you, but it's no real text. Just stuff to fill the design. The whole thing looks like a Flyer preview, to be designed for Nikons new Camera. The second

    headline says "Sport Photography has a new champion"

  3. Yes, it looks like the Nikon Germany folks are laying out their flier for the release on the 22nd. Someone on DPreview leaked it.

     

    A true DX fisheye, and the 12-24 will bring Nikon FAR FAR forward for UW photography.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Can't read German but I thought the 10.5 was suppose to be a rectilinear lens. I have my eye on the rumored 17 to 55 dx. If that one goes to 1:1 macro at 55 mm it may be the lens.

     

    My ideal would be a 16 to 60 DX lens with 1:1 macro at 60 mm.

  5. That would be surprising if they offered a 17-55 with 1:1. In their existing line they have a 24-85 that does 1:2. The zoom range would be very similar to that lens. At 85mm, 1:2 provides almost no working distance. I think the 24-85 would be an interesting lens with the D100 but I haven't gotten it housed yet.

  6. Take a look at the link (if no one has shut them down yet) and you'll see right away that the 10.5 is a fisheye. It looks just like the 16mm f2.8 but I think it's an f3.5 if I read the blurry numbers correctly.

     

    Cheers

    James

  7. Looks just like a fisheye to me.

  8. Looks just like heaven to me.

  9. That would be surprising if they offered a 17-55 with 1:1. In their existing line they have a 24-85 that does 1:2. The zoom range would be very similar to that lens. At 85mm, 1:2 provides almost no working distance. I think the 24-85 would be an interesting lens with the D100 but I haven't gotten it housed yet.

    I also own this lens, and I think it would be a great range for fish photography. Aquatica hasn't been much help in housing it, though. Let me know your progress with this lens!

     

    Kasey

     

    DX fisheye - yeah baby. Down with film!!!

  10. * UPDATE * UPDATE* UPDATE * UPDATE * RUMORS * ...

     

    B) I just talked to Nikon's Press Office here in Germany and

    They said we just have to be patient one more week. And I

    also tried to squeeze out the confirmation that the new lense

    is a fisheye...

     

    Well, let's say I heard her nod on the telephone! ;)

     

    NIKONIANS HOORAY...

    I am starting to envy you, for these beautiful lenses. :unsure:

     

    PS: It's nice to have a press id card :(

  11. We like rumors and were able to find out more about the camera. That is why we dedicated it an own page at:

     

    http://www.digideep.com/product.php?pType=...&mID=25&pID=492

     

    In a German Article on heise.de I read today that Nikon said "bye bye" to the Sony CCD an developed an own fast Version, capable of 8 images per Second at high resolution. We are exited to hear about the megapixels... B)

  12. Just surmising, 10.5 x 1.5 = 15.75 or roughly 16mm, which corresponds to the existing fisheye.

     

    Should be really inexpensive, don't you think :unsure:

  13. The infos have just arrived it's a

     

    AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10,5 mm/2.8 G ED

    EUR 799,-

     

    making me jealous about the Nikonians :angryfire:

     

    Very remarkable too,.. the D2H is out for 3.999 EUR

    and enjoys a WLAN option to transmit images wirelessly.

     

    From under the boat! Can you imagine that?!?!??!

    Well, it has to be tested with the housings first...

     

    But new opportunities... :unsure:

     

    Andi

  14. Good info, Andi,

     

    Do you know when is the Fisheye due to be released?

    Do you know how many pixels the D2H has?

     

    Need to convert the WLAN signal to an acoustic one and then have an acoustic receiver on the hull of the boat!

     

    Also does that mean you could hack into another person's camera and steal their images?

     

    Now I need to decide between buying a 12-24 or 10.5mm. It's not so easy being a Nikon owner!

  15. I posted separately, something I have only just seen... Nikon Capture 4 has a funky process to convert the images from the 10.5 fisheye to (as I understand it) rectilinear. Very cool indeed.

     

    :unsure:

     

    alex: D2H is 4.1MP, and as far as I can tell, units should start shipping in October.

  16. I posted separately, something I have only just seen... Nikon Capture 4 has a funky process to convert the images from the 10.5 fisheye to (as I understand it) rectilinear. Very cool indeed.

    This can be done already for any lens using PS plugins. My favorite is ImageAlign which also provides a standalone app.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.