Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Which camera upgrade?

Started by monkfish ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Which camera upgrade?

6 posts
  1. Hi there.

     

    I am a keen land photographer and I have started underwater photography last year with very humble ambitions.

     

    I have at the moment a Canon Ixus 870 with a Canon WP-DC 26 Underwater housing.

     

    I only do general photography. Nothing worth boasting about but I am thinking of a possible upgrade later this year.

     

    Any recommendation and advice please?

     

     

    Monkfish :):D

  2. how much money do you want to spend?

  3. Pont & Shoot or dSLR ? (which is a step next from asking how much $ you want to spend). Wetpixel has outstanding track record when it comes to help U spend $$, we need that in this economy. :-) But Wetpixel recommendations are always right !

    Edited by CADiver
  4. what do you think of the canon sd870 in the canon case?

  5. I would add a strobe to what you currently have and learn to use that. The quality of photos will be MUCH better, and with proper selection, you can use the same strobe on a new rig when you upgrade again later.

     

    I got an Inon for my wife's P&S which works very well, so that makes for an easy recommendation. The new Sea & Sea Alpha looks promising, too, though I haven't played with one yet.

     

    The next step, if you want to spend more money, would be to add a wide-angle lens to your rig. Inon makes an adapter for you housing that lets you attach their 28AD series lenses. That would make a great addition.

     

    28AD_MountBase_DC26.jpg

  6. Ditto what Mickey said.

    Edited by philsokol

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.