Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Newbert images

Started by r.m.jackson ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Newbert images

4 posts
  1. I noticed that Chris Newbert's website has been refurbished. The portfolio section is quite nice and shows what one can do with Ektachrome film and a SubEye camera with water contact optics:

     

    http://www.rstours.com/Marine_Life_Gallery.html

     

    It is quite impressive for an obsolete technology!

     

    Bob

  2. It is quite impressive for an obsolete technology!

     

    Thanks for the update Bob, the last I had heard Chris was living up in the mountains of colorado or something. IMHO Chris Newbert is simply one of the best photographers to ever take a camera underwater. Any age with any technology, and until someone can capture images with better quality than Chris I'd be very hesitant to call what he does obsolete.

     

    Great to hear that he and Birgitte are still diving and leading tours.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  3. I think steve is old enough to remember the saying/song " Its not the meat Its the motion"

  4. I think steve is old enough to remember the saying/song " Its not the meat Its the motion"

     

    Hey Victor are your remembering the Swallows 1951 version or Maria Muldaur's in 70 something? I'm going with the 51 version and I have a new theme song. Thanks Victor!

     

    (This may be a record for the most Off Topic post in Wetpixel history)

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.