Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Seahorse

Started by Heikki ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Seahorse

2 posts
  1. Hello everybody.

     

    I found this smallish seahorse at Phi Phi islands in Thailand. But I'm not sure which seahorse this is. Only ones I have seen here are tiger tails (hippocampus comes), could this be juvenile? or is it something else.

     

    Size of the seahorse was around 2 cm - 4 cm. I found it around 18-19m, in a sandy slope, no corals nearby.

    post-21776-1234918066.jpg

     

     

    Thank you for all the help.

     

    Now have to go back to diving, three dives today, check some sharks and ribbon eels.

     

    Heikki

  2. Looks like a juvie Hippocampus kuda. Nice find!

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.