One of the coolest things you can see while diving is big schools of fish. The movement, the glimmer, the choreography. There's single animals that look more impressive, but the sight of thousands of little fish acting as one big unit never bores me. It's truly great.
What's not so great, however, are my pictures of it. I press the button and on my little screen, I see all the magic has disappeared. I've tried different aperture settings, shutter times, whatever; it just doesn't work. Which really sucks because according to Google, any idiot can do a great school picture but me.
How do you take a picture of a school of fish that doesn't suck? I've included an example to show what I mean; I know the diver below isn't completely in the phot, but even if I polish him away in PS, the picture is still bad.
