Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

A Thanks to Wetpixel members

Started by diver dave1 ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

A Thanks to Wetpixel members

10 posts
  1. Just back from a trip to St John USVI and had a great time. Trip report to follow soon and if I am lucky, a few photos worth showing here – not certain if any will be good enough for here however.

     

    Thank You to Wetpixel members from the following:

     

    From me for providing ideas about how to take better photos, what equipment I might want to attempt those better photos, support when I do dumb things like leave my battery charger in a hotel.

     

    From the following suppliers since my investigations at Wetpixel led me to buy products and services adding up to several thousand $$ in the past 12 months from these suppliers:

     

    Uwdigitalcamera, Inon, ULCS, Canon, Reef Photo, Backscatter, LeisurePro, Jim Abernethy diving, several others for smaller amounts.

  2. That's great Dave, glad you enjoyed your trip. We want to see some pictures. :)

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  3. Indeed Dave! Be sure to share Your pictures with us as well !! :D

  4. Here is my attempt to add a photo from Blue Heron Bridge from 2 weeks ago. If it works, I will add another.

     

    3302068504_efede2b3d8.jpg

  5. It worked! That was my first attempt at a seahorse photo. Not certain what type it is..I think Laz told me it was a Lion Seahorse but I am not certain...I was shivering too much to hear at that point.

     

    So Here is another. My first attempt at a crab.

    The seahorse is cropped, the crab is not.

    3301251953_c6c7e619a2.jpg

  6. Here is my attempt to add a photo from Blue Heron Bridge from 2 weeks ago. If it works, I will add another.

     

     

    Nice job for a first attempt there, looking forward to the Island shots (and glad it all worked out)

  7. Would like to see more of the seahorses face, but then again - now he's kind of checking out the orange tube ^_^

    Nice result for first time attempt!! :D

  8. Here are 2 more pics from the trip. These were taken at the Rhone. No time to work on them yet...its as they came off the camera. I think a little clean up on the barracuda would improve it. I rather like how the lighting worked out on the barracuda.. he looks rather sinister. He was very relaxed, letting me get close and take several different strobe/camera settings.

     

     

    3304547395_6577b89bd8.jpg

     

    3304538417_b00c22584a.jpg

  9. Barracuda shot is really great :D

  10. thanks for the positive feedback scubamoose.

    It means a lot to me since the photo's at this site are nearly always incredible.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.