Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Red Sea Fish ID

Started by pieterrutten ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Red Sea Fish ID

4 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Can anybody help me out with an ID on these 2 fish?

    The first one was shot during a nightdive in Na'ama Bay.

    The second one was shot on a sandy area in the Marsa Bareika area.

     

    fishid-1.jpg

    fish-id-1

     

    fishid-2.jpg

    fish-id-2

     

     

    grtz,

    Pieter

  2. I am not that familiar with Red Sea fish. So I can only get you to the Genus Level. Perhaps someone more familiar with the area (or with a Red Sea ID book) can give you species.

     

    The first is a Rabbitfish (Siganus sp.)

    The second one looks like a Sandperch (Parapercis sp.)

    Edited by acroporas
  3. I think the first one is Siganus argenteus.

  4. Thanks!

     

    The first one looks like the Siganus Argenteus indeed!

     

    The second one is not the parapercis sp. but by looking at these in the Red Sea reefguide, I think I found the specie

    on the same page; Red Sea Sanddiver: Trichonotus Nikii

     

    Thanks again!

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.