Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Ikelite housing

Started by mtbrutger ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite housing

6 posts
  1. Sea and Sea no longer makes the housing for the Canon XTi/400D which is why Adorama told me it was on "backorder". So now I'm going to get the Ikelite. Do the ports for Ikelite attach strait to the housing or is there a piece that needs to go in between. I have a Canon 100mm macro and a Sigma 10-20mm wide angle. What ports do I all need? Sorry for all the questions lately and thanks for the help everyone.

     

    Mat

  2. Sea and Sea no longer makes the housing for the Canon XTi/400D which is why Adorama told me it was on "backorder". So now I'm going to get the Ikelite. Do the ports for Ikelite attach strait to the housing or is there a piece that needs to go in between. I have a Canon 100mm macro and a Sigma 10-20mm wide angle. What ports do I all need? Sorry for all the questions lately and thanks for the help everyone.

     

    Mat

     

    Ikelite has a dedicated port for the Canon 100mm f2.8 USM macro. I have it and like it. It gives you a nice focus knob right on the port. You can easily pick up a web diopter if you want more magnification. The dedicated port attaches directly to the housing body.

     

    If you get the 8" dome port, you'll need to get a port body to fit between the dome and the housing. Per the Ikelite Port Chart, you'll need the 5510.16 body.

  3. Sorry for all the questions lately and thanks for the help everyone.

     

    No need to apologize for asking questions. That's what we're here for!

     

    Glad that Wetpixel could be of help to you :D

     

    Ellen

  4. Thanks again everyone. One last question. The manual controller for the flash is necessary, right?

  5. For the wide angle, Ikelite's website says I need the dome port, the base, and the dome assembly piece. Is there a focusing knob that I need to purchase as well?

  6. I dont thing a manual focus knob is needed, you can use the control on the housing should you need manual focus control.

     

    The disadvantage of the custom 100mm port, is that there is not any room anymore for "dry"diopters, should you see the need to use them...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.