Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sharks in British Seas

Started by SimonSpear ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Sharks in British Seas

8 posts
  1. Hi all

     

    Well to celebrate the release of Sharks in British Seas on DVD I've uploaded a 5 minute preview/intro to the film which you can find here I'm working on a new shorter trailer, but ran out of time and wanted to at least put something onto the web page for the release day.

     

    The film has been a labour of love for me over the last 2-3 years, with the bulk of the filming taking place last summer. Undertaking the filming, editing, directing and producing has been a monumental task, especially as I've got a real job to concentrate on and a 5 month old daughter, but in the end it has been well worth it. Financially it has been a disaster - we started with a budget of £0 and went into the red as soon as we bought our first cup of tea. If we ever do manage to claw back our financial outlay then our intention is to plough back a substantial percentage of the profits into shark conservation projects.

     

    Fingers crossed :D

     

    Well enough of my babble - Enjoy!

     

    Cheers, Simon

  2. Simon

     

    Congrats on getting it done, the clip looks good. :D to all your efforts for brinign awareness to the sharks and the oceans.

     

    My fingers and toes and arms crossed for best wishes on the release.

     

    Drew

  3. Woo-hoo!!! Gongrats Simon! :D

    The clip looks really great and I'm sure the whole movie is times better!

    Wish You the best of luck & success in selling & distribution!

  4. congrats Simon, i hope it goes well for you

  5. Nice trailer .. I may have to get a copy just to get rid of my own ignorance even if i am not scared, i just don't know that much about the sharks over here.

    Edited by Giles
  6. Thanks for your nice words everyone ^_^

     

    I'm certainly keeping fingers, toes and other appendages crossed also. :D

     

    Cheers, Simon

  7. YEAH !!!!!!!!...Mate i will look at the trailer when i get home at the weekend...

     

    But CONGRATS and WELL DONE and FANTASTIC !!!!!.... ^_^ Im sure your claw back all you invested into it and more... Give the wee babba a kiss for me as well.

     

    I hope im in the bloody credits :D

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(anything for a mention)B

  8. Thanks for your nice words everyone :P

     

    I'm certainly keeping fingers, toes and other appendages crossed also. ^_^

     

    Cheers, Simon

     

    NWS, amazing how innocous threads can go (I was thinking of using that in my original post myself :) ) :D

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.