Mounted some 8.5x11s and some had fingerprints around the edges. Done after they had dried. Tried using a lens cloth but not much luck. Anyone have a trick for getting them off?
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Getting fingerprints off photos
Started by NWDiver ·
- 7Posts
- 7Replies
Read-only discussion
Getting fingerprints off photos
-
-
Have you tried any of the lens cleaning solutions or alcohol? I would try on a throwaway print first. I always keep a pair of thin cotton gloves for handling prints.
-
You could try the tiniest bit of warm condensation from your breath followed by vigourous rubbing with a clean soft tissue.
Again, try on an unimportant print first :-)
-
None of the typical solutions worked. So looks like it is all in the handling.
-
None of the typical solutions worked. So looks like it is all in the handling.
How long did you wait for them to dry? Ideally you would wait 2-3days.
-
How long did you wait for them to dry? Ideally you would wait 2-3days.
I'd say you could even wait a week ... depending on the humidity and the paper. The highest quality paper takes a long time to dry.
Back in the old days, you could have just washed it in water ... but ink doesn't take as kindly to washing as real photo paper ...
-
So this is a "my bad" situation. I am slapping them on a backing just a couple of hrs after printing.