Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Devices to use Ports from one Manufacturer to another

Started by Carlos Morais ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

Devices to use Ports from one Manufacturer to another

16 posts
  1. Hi there,

     

    this theme was brought up in another topic.

     

    I find this an interesting issue so I've started this new topic.

     

     

    The good folks at Aquatica have answered your wishes with the latest addition to their line up.

    Subal Port to Aquatica housing adaptor rings.

     

    SUBAL-NEW-TYPE.jpg

    SUBAL-OLD-TYPE.jpg

    SUBAL-adapters.jpg

     

    This device allows to use Subal Ports on a Aquatica housing.

     

    If you know of any such device for other housing's manufacturers please let us know of it.

     

     

     

    Question: does this devices chance the distance of the original ports? If so isn't it important?

  2. Seatool have adapters that allow Subal, Sea&Sea, Olympus, Nexus and Inon ports to be fitted to their housings:

     

    http://reefphoto.com/index.php?main_page=i...Path=80_127_125

     

     

    I think there are also ones for Aquatica Ports to SeaTool Housings from what I have been told.. (the newer ones and not the older XTI)

  3. I think Aquatica are working on a Seacam port to Aquatica housing adapter

  4. I know that hugyfot make adapters for most port systems to adapt into their housings http://www.hugyfot.com/Products/Adapters.html

     

    What I am looking for is an adapter a Sea & Sea housing to subal, seacam or aquatica port system as I am not that impressed with the optics in some of the sea & sea ports.

  5. I used to have an adapter to use Aquatica ports on Seacam housings. But I gave it to Drew. It's about 25mm of extension and lets you use all lenses except fisheye.

     

    I have an adapter to use Subal ports on Seacam housings too. It's custom made but I don't know by whom since I bought it from Walt S. It's also about 25mm long.

     

    Cheers

    James

  6. I know that hugyfot make adapters for most port systems to adapt into their housings http://www.hugyfot.com/Products/Adapters.html

     

    What I am looking for is an adapter a Sea & Sea housing to subal, seacam or aquatica port system as I am not that impressed with the optics in some of the sea & sea ports.

     

     

    Sagadive sells that adapter. I have many friends that use it with the subal dome and sea&sea D200-D300 housing.

     

    http://www.sagadive.com/tienda.php?cat=3#

     

     

    It costs 230€ and it works for both macro and WA ports as it preserves Subal´s housings distance (specially useful for domes)

    Edited by davichin
  7. Hi All - Is there an adapter to go from Aquatica screw mount to the new Aquatica bayonet mount?

  8. Hi All - Is there an adapter to go from Aquatica screw mount to the new Aquatica bayonet mount?

     

    Sorry not enough demmand, these port are over 15 years old, we still see them pop up once in a while on the web, one must be careful as the are often advertised as NEW IN THE BOX products by some internet reseller trying to offload there old discontinued inventory. Hope that wasn't your case.

  9. Sorry not enough demmand, these port are over 15 years old, we still see them pop up once in a while on the web, one must be careful as the are often advertised as NEW IN THE BOX products by some internet reseller trying to offload there old discontinued inventory. Hope that wasn't your case.

     

    thanks Jean - No that is not my case. I have an old F4 housing and have 4 ports. If there had been a converter the ports might have been worth something, certainly more than the housing.

     

    BTW - I have used Aquatica for Nikon F3 and F4 for the last 20 years. Never had a flood or a problem with them. Retired now and couldnt afford a new Aquatica system. Thus the Olympus in the tag line below.

  10. I have a custom port adapter, let's me use the Aquatica screw mount dome port with my Subal Bayonet.

    s.

    Edited by scubastu
  11. Hi!

    If you know of any such device for other housing's manufacturers please let us know of it.

    Question: does this devices chance the distance of the original ports? If so isn't it important?

    UK-GERMANY offers an adapter for Olympus, Inon and Athena ports. The distance of the port is the same as the original. This is important if you want to use it for the same lenses it is recommended by the manufacturer. If you want to use it with other lenses you may need step rings anyway.

     

    Helge ;-)=)

  12. Does anyone know of an adapter to use Aquatica ports on a Nexus housing ?

    Thanks for your advice !

  13. For adapters for the Sea&Sea MDX housings to Subal 3 or 4 type ports, try the Precision adapters made by UWCameraStuff.com.

  14. I'd love to get a bayonet to screw mount so I can you a Aquatica or Sea and Sea dome on my AquaTech....

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.