Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

lightroom question

Started by modiver ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

lightroom question

5 posts
  1. How do you keep lightroom from starting up whenever you hook up anything with a picture on it.

     

    I love lightroom but it keeps starting on its own all the time. I've looked in preferences but can't find where to set it so that I start it when I want it.

     

    Thanks in advance for any comments

  2. How do you keep lightroom from starting up whenever you hook up anything with a picture on it.

     

    I love lightroom but it keeps starting on its own all the time. I've looked in preferences but can't find where to set it so that I start it when I want it.

     

    Thanks in advance for any comments

    Edit ... Preferences ... Import ... checkbox: "show import dialog when memory card is detected"

     

    At least on Windows.

  3. Edit ... Preferences ... Import ... checkbox: "show import dialog when memory card is detected"

     

    At least on Windows.

     

    Thanks, but...

    I have that checked. But even when I plug in my phone, Lightroom starts up. There should be a way to keep it from starting up unless you select it.

    Edited by modiver
  4. Thanks, but...

    I have that checked. But even when I plug in my phone, Lightroom starts up. There should be a way to keep it from starting up unless you select it.

     

     

    Uncheck it and see if it helps.

  5. I think you may need to change your Windows AutoPlay settings for your Camera.

     

    From memory, if you plug in your camera, then, in windows explorer, right-click on the Camera icon and select Properties. There should be an AutoPlay tab where you can change the default behaviour.

     

    If that doesn't work then on XP i think you can use the TweakUI app in the free Microsoft PowerToys collection. When you run it take a look underneath the My Computer/AutoPlay section.

     

    jon

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.