- 12Posts
- 12Replies
Read-only discussion
Hairy crab from Lembeh
-
-
orangatang crab?
-
It's not a orangutan crab, we would know that one

-
Sorry Eric. Even if it was nicely spread out we'd still have to remove the fuzz and check out details of the carapace. Just another cute but annoying little decorator crab probably in the family Majidae.
-
Eric,
A side question. How is the critter count in Lembeh? I was there in October 08 and it was drastically reduced from 06, seem like I spent a lot of time just swimming between critters on may last visit.
Elmer
-
It changed from site to site. Some were a little sparse, others we just couldnt photograph it all. We've never been here before so I dont think any of us here now can comment on if it had changed.
-
We think it looks like a muppet!
-
-
We think it looks like a muppet!

-
The summer months are the better times in Lembeh, according to the local guides. The water is colder and the critters move to shallower waters.
-
That's the Lembeh Hairy Crab..

see, the things you learn when you dive with the right operation..
tsk!
-
That's the Lembeh Hairy Crab..

see, the things you learn when you dive with the right operation..
tsk!
Why don't you ask Mr Buxton I've heard he's an authority on 'Crabs'


Dive safe
DeanB
