Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Best ikelite port to Sigma 17-70?

Started by blurk ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Best ikelite port to Sigma 17-70?

4 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Does anyone know what ikelite port body is best to use with the Sigma 17-70 Macro (non HSM)? Is it the 5510.24 or the 5510.28?

  2. Yes, I know that you can use that one but I've heard that you get some edge softness with it. Have you noticed that?

    The .28 should produce sharper images but instead produce some vignetting at the wider end. And now I'm wondering which one I should choose.

  3. Can't say I've noticed, but my DSLR is fairly new and most of the time it's got a macro fitted.

     

    I do use a +2 diopter, as reccomended by Ike to improve corner sharpness.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.