Was wondering if anyone out there knew what paint colors I should get to approximate white and 18% gray? I'm going to paint my fins. Or, at least, part of them. ![]()
- 8Posts
- 8Replies
Read-only discussion
Spray paint colors?
-
-
I don't think the paint will last one dive Eric. Even the parts of fins that you don't think flex very much do and the paint will start to crack right away. Sorry to be negative but...
-
I don't think you can do it with spray paint. As Bob said, it'd probably crack and peel quickly. That being said, you might try an exterior paint, or a waterproof paint used for basements as it might be more durable. In terms of color matching, you could probably go to a Home Depot or paint store with a gray card and match it with samples, or they might be able to custom tint the paint for you.
Good luck!
-
Laminate a small gray card. White is the most difficult "color" to replicate because white is never really white.
-
While we're talking about all this equipment, does anyone have a no-brainer suggestion for white and grey card brands? I'll probably get two small ones, laminate them, punch holes through them, and clip them to my camera or BC.
-
I take it that we'll be seeing some spectacular natural light images coming soon to make us feel even more inferior.

-
I thought I'd posted this earlier but I guess not. www.warmcards.com
Their small cards are suitable to dive with. I don't know how they'll hold up though. All you really need is one small card so buying a whole set is kind of expensive.
You can use a slate on a retractable cord. I permanently attached one to my backplate harness before I started using the single gray glove instead. That was for video. I'm going to be using the warmcards in the future.
-
If you still want to paint your fins try Plastidip .
There is onther product called DipIt. Both products are Latex used to coat tool handles and such. Can be found at Ace, HomeDepot, Lowe's ...
If you are looking for a different twist or colors, try LiquidLatex.net
.... Not sure why I know the last link.