Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Deleting Old Programs

Started by tomc ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Deleting Old Programs

2 posts
  1. Hey computer guys,

     

    A question for you. I assume that after I update LR or CS, that I can safety un-install the old program files. Since Adobe installs the update in a new folder, it seems like I should be able to remove the old program files. I understand that I should probably wait a certain amount of time to ensure that the new program works properly and I am happy with it. But other than that, is there any danger in un-installing the old versions.

     

    The worst one is that crazy Adobe Acrobat, there are a bunch of those on my currently installed program list.

     

    Thanks,

    TomC

  2. Yes you can.

     

    If you are on a pc do it via Add/Remove programs and then take a look in the directory structure and delete any specific directories that the uninstaller left behind.

     

    If you are not sure about any directory then just move it temporarily to another place on your system and check your apps run before finally deleting it.

     

    Adobe has been pretty good at identifying the directory structure by product name and major version.

     

    You may want to grab any homemade presets and actions that you want to keep - I tend to keep all my own stuff outside of the Adobe directory structure for this reason.

     

     

    Paul C

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.