Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

New Gear Advice

Started by Haley ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

New Gear Advice

3 posts
  1. I've finally decided to make the move from my Nikonos V to digital. I'm thinking of a Canon G10 in a Fisheye or Ikelite housing. I would like to use as much of my old equipment as possible. I have the V mounted on an Ultralite tray with twin Sea & Sea YS 90 Duo strobes. Does anyone know if either of the above housings would fit on the tray? I expect I could use the arms. Would the stobes work for digital?

     

    Thanks all

  2. I've finally decided to make the move from my Nikonos V to digital. I'm thinking of a Canon G10 in a Fisheye or Ikelite housing. I would like to use as much of my old equipment as possible. I have the V mounted on an Ultralite tray with twin Sea & Sea YS 90 Duo strobes. Does anyone know if either of the above housings would fit on the tray? I expect I could use the arms. Would the stobes work for digital?

     

    Thanks all

     

     

    On the tray side of things if it does not fit there are usually bits available to make it fit (I used the ULCS ray with Nikonos then got pieces for my first P&S digital)

     

    I shot YS90 DX with digital no problem (never owned the YS90 Duo, but if it does cordless TTL I would guess they should work about the same), I think the Duo should be okay. You will need Sea & Sea to Ikelite cords for the Ikelite housing and it will not be TTL, the Fisheye should the strobes -->via fiber optic to the Strobes.

     

    Blow a quick call into one of the shops on the right --> to confirm before dropping $$ though. Never hurts to double check :aggressive:

  3. Thanks this relly helps.

    Edited by segal3

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.